[ Assembly Documents ] [ Assembly Office ] [ Assembly Resources ] [ Delegates ] [ About Winnipeg and Canada ] [ Pre- and Post-Assembly Visitation Program ] [ Visitors ] [ Accommodation ] [ Meals ] [ Volunteers ]
Volunteers - individuals
who freely offer their time and energy, their experience and skill,
as workers with the Assembly Local Committee (Winnipeg) to
facilitate the operations and procedures of the Assembly. No payment
is made for this service. Normally these persons are individual
members of an LWF member church, from which an endorsement is
Individuals from Winnipeg and area, and from places around the
world, are welcome to apply to serve as volunteers at the LWF
Tenth Assembly in Winnipeg.
500 Volunteers Expected at LWF Tenth Assembly
> Click here for more information
All matters concerning volunteers – receiving applications;
approving volunteers; training; making assignments; coordinating;
etc. – are handled by the Assembly Local Committee at the Evangelical
Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC).
For further information about serving as a volunteer, please go
Volunteer Information Page
at the Web site
of the ELCIC.
- Volunteers must be able to communicate in English. Capabilities in
other languages is a valuable asset.
- Volunteers must pay their own travel, accommodation and some
meal costs. They are responsible for their own travel and visa
- The Assembly Local Committee will assist volunteers in making
arrangements for local accommodation. Options include hotels,
university residences and staying with a local family (called
"billeting"). Volunteers are responsible for their own
- Volunteers must complete an application form through the
Assembly Local Committee. This helps to match volunteers and
their gifts with specific needs.
- Volunteers will be asked to provide a reference from their
- As their work assignments allow, and as space permits, volunteers may attend Assembly worship and plenary sessions.
- No program has been planned for
children. Their care is the responsibility of parents.
Assembly Home] [Links]